We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Country Delivery Manager within M-PESA Africa. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Manager Delivery, the position holder will ensure delivery of new Mobile Money Products, Services and engineering projects. Creation and maintenance of a trusted delivery partnership and guidance of MPA markets in their delivery of local MPA supported services. Vendor management for assigned projects and programmes and mentoring of in-Market resources to ensure synergies remain strong between MPA Market and Partners. Local refinement of a delivery approach to continuously improve Project Delivery metric and Time to Market.
- Weekly clarification for markets’ resources, actions and dependencies to enable new service launches
- Weekly prioritization with other MPA Delivery Squads ensure market deliver their accountabilities into new service delivery activities.
- Weekly escalation of Market based risks to MPA programme management for solution wide impact reduction.
- Work with key in Market stakeholders to identify and capture requirements (functional, non-functional and operational) and ensure their timely implementation.
- Lead and support MPA specialists to provide timely, task suitable design and approach and architecture guides for assigned projects.
- Work effectively with MPA Commercial and Engineering Product Managers. Ensure acceptance for essential project documents.
- Ensure that all deliverables, regulatory, fraud, risk, security etal are captured, communicated and meet agreed ‘definitions of done’ before service launch.
- Undertake and support the generation and approval of Market work requests and offers.
- Support Markets and suppliers deliver and progress estimates, quotations and plans/backlogs for project delivery. Ensure development of a business case, project mandate and project brief where required for the initiation of new projects.
- Manage project RAID logs, budgets and expenditure for assigned projects.
- Represent, support and guide the Markets and squads throughout the projects’ gated delivery process.
- Support markets to identify solutions for local technical and financial risks
- Escalate Programme level risks and issues to senior MPA and local stakeholders.
- Strengthened Market communication plan (feedback loop, scheduled communications/reporting, issue escalation) with local Engineering, Commercial and Ops teams to identify local Market changes and enable Market support for Core Delivery Programmes.
- Establish clear communication plans with Market stakeholders to support decisions, expected deliverables and actions for managed projects and programmes.
- Arrange Monthly MPA and Market governance meetings for manage Markets and programmes.
- Deliver a ‘service mentality’ and ‘collaboration approach’ in relationships between MPA and markets.
- Remain receptive alternative ideas and point of view irrespective of cultural background or seniority level in Vodafone
- Identify and drive process, product or service improvements to maximise Delivery’s capability.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a changing environment, understands the customer demands and consistently promotes the benefits from a harmonised Vodafone MPA Architecture.
- Anticipates internal or external business challenges and regulatory issues. Undertake ongoing research of payment industry best practice and Mobile Money innovations.
- Agree, develop and manage communications plans for MPA, Market and supplier stakeholders to mitigate inertia and friction delays from poor dependency management and resource availability.
- Escalate issues and risks to MPA Programme Managers to support the resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Degree Qualification – Preferably STEM
- At least 5 years’ experience in project Management Experience including international suppliers or markets
- Project Management Qualification – PRINCE 2, APMP or equivalent
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban/SAFe or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in communication and relationship management experience to executive level
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills to support work in reactive and proactive environments
- At least 2 years’ experience in M-Pesa Mobile Payment or Financial Payment Service
- Service Operations Qualification – ITIL
- AML Qualification – ICA Certificate in Anti Money Laundering Awareness
- Experience in M-Pesa OpCo regulated industry is advantageous
- Programme Management Qualification and Experience – MSP is desirable
How to apply