Hotel Supervisor Job, Hotel Jobs November 2020,
Position: Hotel Supervisor
We are seeking for qualified Hotel Supervisor to join our professional team at our entertainment facility (GMC POT LIMITED-THE FUN PLACE) located in Kitengela.
The successful candidate will oversee all daily hotel operations and assist the facility manager with all management tasks.Other than the supervisory duties, s/he will also be responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will be able to guide and train employees. S/he will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results-driven and focused.
The goal is to ensure that operations are carried out productively so as to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
- Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all facility standards and steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services, answer telephones in a clear manner, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the facility such as receptions, parties, etc. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Assist the management in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling and disciplining staff.
- Trains new staff and provide recurrent training for existing staff.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary, also complete performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Work with other supervisors on establishing and drafting, training manuals, customer service programs, and policies and procedures for all tasks performed.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Make constant observation of staff performance in all hotel areas to assure excellent customer service levels.
- Provide leadership and direction for all hotel staff to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Control facility inventory system, cashier transactions, and department coordination on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all standards and hotel cash handling procedures are met.
- Organize and conduct work schedules and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as customer requests and menu changes.
- Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
- Improve on day to day performances that help in achieving organizational goals and targets.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa.
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely matter.
- Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
- Assist the facility manager with working closely with Events, Marketing and Social Media Managers to ensure that all promotions and collateral updates (including social media and website information and menu updates) are done in a timely matter.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use. Using proper standard operating procedures to report and fix these issues.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management or relevant hospitality training.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience as Hotel supervisor/manager or relevant role.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations and products, basic drink service and supervisory knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com “Hotel Supervisor” being the subject of the email, with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees by 23rd December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fees for recruitment