Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Business Development Manager, the Sales & Marketing Representative will have the following main responsibilities:
- Identifies, markets, qualifies, and penetrates new business opportunities from existing and potential customers using territory management skills.
- Schedules customer appointments with key decision-makers to overcome barriers and identify growth opportunities in the local/ international global market.
- Educates customers on technology solutions to provide tracking, pricing, and reporting capabilities
- Collaborates with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for meeting customer expectations.
- Plans quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with customers to review business trends and transit performance.
- Applies sales strategies gained from sales training to identify areas where solutions can be implemented.
- Identifies account decliners and gainers to develop strategies for winning back business and promoting future growth
- Uses state of the art customer relations management software (CRM) to develop strategic plans for customer growth and development.
- Grow the company’s air, ocean freight, transit, import and export and domestic business/services in an assigned territory, in accordance with corporate objectives (gross profit).
- Find & develop qualified leads through cold calling and social media, then convert them through the sales process into prospects and customers.
- Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with deals at various types and stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, mid and late stage sales life cycle targets.
- Perform regular visits to qualified prospects and customers to drive the business and grow the company’s revenue, market share and profitability.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products and services.
- Conducting in-depth research on competitors’ products, pricing, and market success to gain insight into customer preference and
- Gather feedback from customers / prospects and share with the internal
- Manipulate and manage
- Ensure client data variances as reported by the Management are followed up in a timely manner in order to pre-empt escalation to the relevant
- Participating in local and global logistics bids, creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP/RFQ
- Co-operate with regional offices and overseas agents in sales
- Actively develop client relationships and be responsible for delivering services that meet the market requirements and offering smart solutions to secure new
- Participating in Monthly Business Review Meetings with key
- Produce the weekly / monthly and annually sales statistics reports for the
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Skills & Attributes:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience (Freight Forwarding Sales will be an added advantage).
- Excellent knowledge of logistics including Air Import/Export and Ocean Import/Export.
- Proven track record in sales, prospecting and developing accounts.
- Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and principals of CMS (Customer Management System) is required.
- Analytical with ability to conduct research and develop territory sales plans.
- Proven success in gaining new business through prospecting.
- Good presentation & business writing skills.
- Solid verbal communication and an aggressive drive as well as commitment to develop and grow a client base.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrates strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry.
- Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business.
- Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should visit www.hrmconnection.com to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.