Senior Accountant Job, Accounting Jobs In Kenya September 2020,
Position: Senior Accountant
Reference Number: HRJIC593
Closing Date: 21st September, 2020
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Senior Accountant, Jubilee General Insurance Limited (JGIL). The position holder will report to the Chief Financial Officer, JGIL and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi
To provide management of the finance team, manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting. The role holder will also advise on long-term business and financial planning.
Financial Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the execution of the finance agenda for the company in areas of financial reporting, tax and regulatory reporting.
- Oversee the timely completion of period end closure processes with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Also, preparation of a detailed analysis and explanations of variances.
- Ensuring data integrity of the financial application and ensuring the transactions agree with the core operating systems. Validation of balance sheet accounts and ensuring they are analyzed and can be supported.
- Develop and lead a high performing and results oriented finance team that completes tasks on time and to the highest quality. Develop an effective annual training plan for the finance team.
- Provide financial stewardship and ensure integrity of fiscal data, accounting practice, financial analysis, investments and funding.
- Ensure systems and processes are functioning as required, have adequate and effective internal controls implemented, work effectively, minimize and detect fraudulent activity in all lines of business.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and financial requirements.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information and data to support the CEO and department heads in decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of Board papers and provide relevant advice to the Business on financial and compliance matters.
- Lead and manage the preparation of annual budgets and 5-year projections.
- Liaise with auditors, actuary and tax advisors and manage timely audit of final accounts.
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in all the above-highlighted areas.
- Assist in developing and coordinating an appropriate training plan for all employees in the Finance department
- Carry out any other duties as may be required from time to time for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Team leadership
- Financial Planning & strategy
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Industry awareness
- Passion for Customer Service excellence
- Promote process improvement
- Ownership & Commitment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Developing budgets
- Dealing with complexity
- Performance reporting and financial management.
- Strong technical Skills
- People management skills
- Strong understanding of application of reinsurance
- New ideas generation
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from a reputable university
- CPA (K) or its equivalent
- MBA or Masters’ degree will be added advantage