Child Learning & Households Resilience Technical Program Manager Job, NGO Jobs in Kenya 2020,sClosing date: October 11, 2020
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Technical Program Manager- Child Learning and House Holds Resilience
Reporting to : Director – Program Effectiveness & Impact
Grade Level : 17
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
To provide overall leadership and management of the Child learning and Resilience Technical Program that successfully supports World Vison Kenya’s efforts to promote Child wellbeing Outcomes in line with World Vision Kenya strategy.
Technical Leadership and Management,30%
• Provide leadership in the management and implementation of the Child Learning and HH resilience Technical Program in the National office
• In collaboration with the finance unit, ensure planning and budgeting, project funding, expenditures and process are aligned and operating smoothly.
• Lead the designing and adaptation of Technical Program
• Lead in the setting-up of the technical standards to be adhered to by all implementing staff and partners
• Approve the technical detailed implementation plans
• Prepare and produce technical program reports for dissemination to various stakeholders
• Review and approve all the technical reports prepared from the field
• Work closely with Strategy &P Program Effectiveness unit to develop practical tools in monitoring and evaluation of the Technical Program
• Develop operating business plan for the technical area in collaboration with the other technical managers and departments
• Ensure that advocacy is integrated in the Technical Program;
Monitoring, Accountability and Innovation, 20%
• Follow up with APs to submit information on RC & families affected by emergencies.
• Conduct monitoring visits to the APs and report management issues which require follow up actions.
• Review Annual Progress Reports and Christmas Cards for APs to ensure quality and timeliness.
• Support field teams adhere to Sponsorship business processes & standards.
• Support in Monitoring the utilization of Community GNs
Donor Engagement and Fund raising, 20%
• In collaboration with RAM, develop and market quality concepts, proposals, partner profiles and capacity statements to increasing funding portfolio for the technical program and related grants
• In coordination with RAM Department develop annual growth plans for the technical program area in line with the NO strategy
• Actively engage in funding negotiations with support offices and coordination with RAM Department and in alignment with Regional Grants Acquisition & Management Strategy & the Regional Working Group Decisions
• Provide advice on donor management (government/private donors and support offices) ensuring proper resolutions
• Provide support to RAM in responding to appropriate request for applications for bilateral and multilateral sources in coordination with relevant SOs and management of grant funded program
• Actively participate in the “Go / No-go” decision making process and ensure that all risks are addressed consistently.
Collaboration and Advocacy, 20%
• In coordination with Program Effective and Impact Director and Support Offices, develop and maintain pro-active relationships with bilateral and multilateral representatives in the country.
• Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with Support Office partners, including visits by donors.
• In coordination with the Program Effective and Impact Director, develop and maintain good relationships with national government ministries, other NGOs and the development sector in general.
• In coordination with the Senior Management Team ensure implementation of Partnership initiatives, capacity building of national office staff and knowledge sharing within the NO.
• In coordination with the PE&I Director, and program staff, participate in national level coalitions on specific advocacy issues.
• In the spirit of twin citizenship, contribute to knowledge sharing and collaborative learning through internal avenues such annual reflection forum
Team Management, 10%
• Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team.
• In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
• Assess and plan for staff capacities/competencies.
• Engage appropriate Subject Matter Experts for identified training gaps
• Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training, technical backstopping etc.
• Staff supervision and guidance to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of technical program
Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee 5%
• Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
• Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• The position holder should have a Bachelor’s degree in Education, early childhood education, pre-primary education or any related field and a Master’s degree in project management, early childhood education, Education, pre-primary education or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with a thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in a complex, international development organization especially in development and Relief Projects. 5 years should have been at a managerial level.
• Training or certification in Portfolio and/or Program Management with accredited institutions.
• Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
• The position holder must be results oriented and team a player.
• Deep knowledge of WVI working systems, policies and standards will be an advantage
How to Apply
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names of three referees. Current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews**.** Application deadline is October 11, 2020 at midnight. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted**.**
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks. More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.